- The definition of micro is an extremely small thing.
An example of micro is something unable to be seen with the naked eye; a micro dot.
- Micro is defined as something very tiny.
An example of a micro is bacteria.
micro definition by Webster's New World
- small, very small, or on a small scale: macro and micro issues
- something very small
- a microwave oven
- a microcomputer
- a microprocessor
- little, small, minute: microcosm
- exceptionally little, abnormally small: microcephaly
- enlarging or amplifying: microscope, microphone
- involving microscopes, microscopic: micrography
- one millionth part of; the factor 10: symbol μ: microsecond
Origin: Classical Greek mikro- ; from mikros, small ; from Indo-European an unverified form (s)meik-: see mica
micro definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Very small or microscopic.
- Basic or small-scale: the economy's performance at the micro level.
- a. A microcomputer.b. A microprocessor.
- a. A microbrewery.b. A microbrew.
Origin: From micro-.
- a. Small: microcircuit.b. Abnormally small: microcephaly.c. Requiring or involving microscopy: microsurgery.
- One-millionth (10-6): microampere.
Origin: Greek mīkro-, from mīkros, small.
micro - Computer Definition
(1) A microcomputer. The term was popular in the early days of personal computers.
(2) Millionth (10 to the -6th power). See space/time.
(3) Microscopic or tiny.
micro - Medical Definition
- Small: microblast.
- Abnormally small: microcephaly.
- Requiring or involving microscopy: microsurgery.
- Symbol μ One-millionth (10-6): microliter.