- a list of martyrs
- a historical account of religious martyrs, esp. Christian martyrs
- such accounts collectively
- the branch of ecclesiastical history dealing with the lives of martyrs
Origin of martyrologyMedieval Latin martyrologium ; from Late Greek martyrologion: see martyr and amp; -logy
- An official list or catalog of religious martyrs, especially of Christian martyrs.
- An account of the life and manner of death of a martyr.
- The branch of ecclesiastical history or hagiography that deals with martyrs.