- pl. -·ris or -·ri a member of a Polynesian people native to New Zealand
- the Austronesian language of this people
Origin of Maorifrom Maori: said to mean “native, of the usual kind”
of the Maoris or their language or culture
nounpl. Maori, or Mao·ris
- A member of a people of New Zealand, of Polynesian-Melanesian ancestry.
- The Austronesian language of the Maori.
Of or relating to the Maori or their language or culture.
Origin of MaoriMaori Māori from māori ordinary people
- of or pertaining to the Maori people, culture, or language.
OriginSee also: maori
From Maori Māori