- (fencing) a special glove cover worn by fencers, specifically sabreurs, on their weapon hand
- (medicine) a conically shaped array of microtubules that completely covers the nucleus of a spermatid
- (cooking) a paper frill attached to the exposed end of a bone of a cooked piece of meat
- (furniture) an upholstered arm on a wooden-frame chair like a bergère or fauteuil.
- (printing) a vertical heading within a newspaper article computer generated image.
- (cycling) a sleeve for the forearm, worn especially by triathletes and made of materials that reduce wind drag.
From French manchette.