- anything added to a scale to complete the required weight
- an unimportant person or thing added to make up some lack
- Something added on a scale in order to meet a required weight.
- Something added only to fill a lack.
- A counterweight; a counterbalance.
- Something of inferior quality which is included in a shipment to make up the weight.
- Something included to add to the apparent weight or force of a argument.
- He added a long litany of peripheral precedents which the judge dismissed as mere makeweights.
From make + weight.
How would you define makeweight? Add your definition here.
comments powered by