- a fulled, waterproof wool cloth with a short pile, used for coats
- a dark olive green often used for this clothalso loden green
Origin of lodenGerman ; from Middle High German lode ; from Old High German lodo, coarse cloth, akin to Old English lotha, cloak ; from Indo-European base an unverified form (s)leu-, to hang loosely from source slouch, sleet
- A durable, water-repellent, coarse woolen fabric used chiefly for coats and jackets.
- A deep olive green.
Origin of lodenGerman, coarse fabric, from Middle High German lode, from Old High German lodo.
- A thick waterproof cloth used for garments.
- A dark green colour, like that of loden cloth.
(comparative more loden, superlative most loden)
- Of a dark green colour, like that of loden cloth.
From German Loden.