- a fulled, waterproof wool cloth with a short pile, used for coats
- a dark olive green often used for this clothalso loden green
Origin of lodenGerman from Middle High German lode from Old High German lodo, coarse cloth, akin to Old English lotha, cloak from Indo-European base an unverified form (s)leu-, to hang loosely from source slouch, sleet
- A durable, water-repellent, coarse woolen fabric used chiefly for coats and jackets.
- A deep olive green.
Origin of lodenGerman coarse fabric from Middle High German lode from Old High German lodo
- A thick waterproof cloth used for garments.
- A dark green colour, like that of loden cloth.
(comparative more loden, superlative most loden)
- Of a dark green colour, like that of loden cloth.
From German Loden.