A woman looks at lingerie in a shop window.
- Lingerie is defined as underwear or night clothing worn by women.
An example of lingerie is a slip or a fancy bra.
- Obsolete articles made of linen
- women's underwear and night clothes of silk, nylon, lace, etc.
Origin of lingerieFrench ; from linge, linen ; from Classical Latin lineus, linen ; from linum, flax, linen
- Women's undergarments or sleepwear designed to be visually or sexually alluring.
- Archaic Linen articles, especially garments.
Origin of lingerieFrench, from Old French, from linge, linen, from Latin līneus, made of linen, from līnum, flax; see l&ibremac;no- in Indo-European roots.