The definition of liker is someone who enjoys or is pleased by something.adjective
An example of liker is a person who enjoys or likes candy.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of like
- having almost or exactly the same qualities, characteristics, etc.; similar; equal: a cup of sugar and a like amount of flour
- Rare alike
- Dialectal likely
Origin: ME lik, aphetic for ilik < OE gelic, similar, equal, lit., of the same form or shape, akin to Ger gleich < PGmc *galīka- < *ga-, prefix of uncert. meaning + *līka, body, (ON līk, Goth leik, OE lic): for IE base see lich
- similar to; somewhat resembling: she is like a bird
- in a manner characteristic of; similarly to: she sings like a bird
- in accord with the nature of; characteristic of: it's not like her to sleep late
- in the mood for; desirous of: to feel like sleeping
- indicative or prophetic of: that sounds like fun; it looks like a clear day tomorrow
- as for example: great dramatists like Sophocles and Shakespeare
- in the way that; as: it was just like you said
- as if: it looks like he is late
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.