- a person or thing that saves people from drowning, as a lifeguard
- Informal a person or thing that gives aid in time of need
- One that saves a life.
- See lifeguard.
- One that provides help in a crisis or emergency.
- A life preserver shaped like a ring.
- Someone or something that saves lives.
- My dad loves his job as a surf lifesaver. Paramedics are not just ordinary workers, but lifesavers with a very important job.
- (figuratively) Someone or something that is very useful or helpful.
- Thank you so much for fixing my car; you're a real lifesaver! This shop is a lifesaver on a hot day when you're craving a cold drink.