- a Latin American
- a usually Spanish-speaking person of Latin American birth or descent who lives in the U.S.
Origin of LatinoAmerican Spanish from Sp, literally , Latin from Classical Latin Latinus, Latin
of, relating to, or characteristic of Latinos: Latino music
- A member of one of the Spanish-speaking peoples of the Americas.
- A descendant of any of these peoples, especially when living in the United States. See Usage Note at Hispanic.
Origin of LatinoShort for Spanish latinoamericano Latin-American from latino Latin from Latin Latīnus ; see Latin.
- Alternative capitalization of Latino
- Of Latin American descent.
- A person, especially and usually a male, from Latin America. (Compare Latina.)
- Latinos have quickly become the largest ethnic minority in the United States.