- One who laps liquid, who takes liquid in with the tongue.
- (in combination) something (especially a race) that is a stated number of laps e.g. a 25-lapper
- (sports) A competitor who is one lap behind another, in the same race, and hence physically in front.
- A mechanism that overlaps material to make it thicker; a lapping cylinder or lapping machine
- (sailing) A headsail that overlaps the mast.
(third-person singular simple present lappers, present participle lappering, simple past and past participle lappered)
- To make a gentle splashing sound, as the sound of flowing water.
lap + -er