The definition of kush is a specific type of marijuana but it is also used as one of the street names for marijuana.
An example of kush is marijuana from the mountain areas of India.
- Marijuana, or a variety of marijuana originating in Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
From Hindu Kush, the place of origin.
- HINDU KUSH, a range of mountains in Central Asia.
- The Kabul (ancient Kophes), which is the most important (although not the largest) river in Afghanistan, rises at the foot of the Unai pass leading over the Sanglakh range, an offshoot of the Hindu Kush towards Bamian and Afghan Turkestan.
- Its basin forms the province of Kabul, which includes all northern Afghanistan between the Hindu Kush and the Safed Koh ranges.
- About the same time a mission, under Captain (afterwards Sir Willaim) Lockhart, crossed the Hindu Kush into Wakhan, and returned to India by the Bashgol valley of Kafiristan.
- The latter continued the Pamir triangulation, which had been carried across the Hindu Kush by Colonels Sir T.