Seascape on the island of Kos.
- An example of a kos is the distance of five times around a high school track.
- An example of Kos is a Greek island measuring 111 square miles with a population of over 30,000 people.
Origin of kosHindi ; from Sanskrit krósa-, literally , a shout (hence, literally , shouting distance) ; from Indo-European an unverified form korau?- ; from base an unverified form ker- from source Classical Latin corvus, raven
- Kill on Sight (gaming)
- tactical: kill healers and/or armorless DPS at first.
- social: kill unwanted person, frustrate her/him
- Knowledge Organization System
- Knowledge of Self (song)
- Keep on Smiling
- Knights of Solamnia (DragonLance fictional organization)
- Kids Over Shoulder
- Kernel Operating System
- Kiss on Sight (gaming)
- Kohler Operating System
- Key Operated Switch
- King of Suicide (gaming)
- Key Operated Selector
- Knights of Siberys (gaming, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Knowledge Organization Structure
- Knowledge System
- (law) Abbreviation of Kosovo.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Geographical Terms: Foreign countries and regions", Table T10.3, p. 438-443.