- Jus is defined as law or a legal principle.
An example of jus is jus cogens "compelling law", meaning international law that cannot be disregarded by a nation.
- Jus is French and is defined as the juice that is made with meat stock.
An example of jus is a sliced beef sandwich that comes with a dipping sauce of broth called an au jus sandwich.
- law; the whole body of law
- a particular system of law
- a legal principle, right, or power
Origin: L: see jury
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.