Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a machine with jaws for crushing rocks, ore, etc.
- ☆ a hard, usually round candy
- Slang a word that is hard to pronounce
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A very hard candy.
- Slang A word that is difficult to pronounce.
- A machine that crushes rock or ore.
- jawˈbreakˌing adjective
- jawˈbreakˌing·ly adverb