- The definition of instep is the arched part of your foot between your ankle and the ball of the foot, or the font part of the hind leg of a horse.
The top part of the foot is an example of the instep.
instep definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the top surface of the foot, between the ankle and the toes
- the part of a shoe or stocking that covers this
- the front part of the hind leg of a horse, between the hock and the pastern joint
Origin: probably in- plush step
instep definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The arched middle part of the human foot between the toes and the ankle.
- The part of a shoe or stocking covering the instep.
Origin: Middle English.
instep - Medical Definition
The arched middle part of the foot between toes and ankle.