The definition of instep is the arched part of your foot between your ankle and the ball of the foot, or the font part of the hind leg of a horse.noun
The top part of the foot is an example of the instep.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the top surface of the foot, between the ankle and the toes
- the part of a shoe or stocking that covers this
- the front part of the hind leg of a horse, between the hock and the pastern joint
Origin: prob. in- + step
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The arched middle part of the human foot between the toes and the ankle.
- The part of a shoe or stocking covering the instep.
Origin: Middle English.
instep - Medical Definition