inheritable[in her′it ə bəl]
inheritable definition by Webster's New World
- capable of inheriting; having the rights of an heir
- capable of being inherited
Origin: Middle English enheritable ; from Anglo-French ; from Old French
inheritable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- That can be inherited: inheritable traits; inheritable property.
- Having the right to inherit or the capability of inheriting: an inheritable heir.
- in·herˌit·a·bilˈi·ty noun
inheritable - Medical Definition
Capable of being inherited.
- inheritability noun