inheritable[in her′it ə bəl]
- capable of inheriting; having the rights of an heir
- capable of being inherited
Origin of inheritableMiddle English enheritable ; from Anglo-French ; from Old French
- Capable of being inherited: inheritable traits; inheritable property.
- Having the right to inherit or the capability of inheriting: an inheritable heir.
- That can be inherited.
- an inheritable estate or title
- an inheritable disease
- Capable of taking by inheritance, or of receiving by descent; capable of succeeding to, as an heir.