- a person who inhales
- respirator (sense )
- a device for administering medicine in the form of a vapor by inhalation
- One that inhales: an avid inhaler of aromatic pipe smoke.
- A device that produces a vapor to ease breathing or is used to medicate by inhalation, especially a small nasal applicator containing a volatile medicament. Also called inhalator .
inhale + -er
- Students who are able to recognize symptoms requiring medication and know how to use their inhaler properly should be permitted to keep the medication with them.
- It comes in aerosol canisters, in capsules that are inserted into an inhaler, and in liquid form that is used in a nebulizer.
- Patients will be instructed on how to properly use an inhaler to ensure that it will deliver the right amount of medication.
- If a patient cannot use an inhaler to maintain long-term control, sustained-release theophylline is a good alternative.
- A cough can also be a side-effect of medications that are administered via an inhaler.