- a group of languages making up the Indic branch, Indo-Iranian subfamily, of the Indo-European language family, including Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, and most of the other languages of N India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- Rare a native speaker of any of these languages
Origin of Indo-AryanIndo- + Aryan
designating or of Indo-Aryan
- Of, relating to, or being a member of an Indic-speaking people.
- Of or relating to the Indic branch of Indo-European.
- A member of an Indic-speaking people.
- See Indic.
(comparative more Indo-Aryan, superlative most Indo-Aryan)
- Of or pertaining to Indo-Aryan languages and people.
- A speaker of Indo-Aryan languages.