not determinable; specif.,
- that cannot be decided or settled
- that cannot be definitely learned or ascertained
Origin of indeterminableLate Latin indeterminabilis
- Impossible to fix or measure: indeterminable traces of poison; indeterminable assets.
- Impossible to settle or decide with finality: indeterminable questions.
(comparative more indeterminable, superlative most indeterminable)
- An indeterminable thing or quantity.
OriginSee also: indéterminable
From Middle French indéterminable, from Late Latin indeterminabilis