- city in SC India: capital of Andhra Pradesh state
- city in S Pakistan, on the Indus River
- former state of SC India
- A city of south-central India east-southeast of Mumbai. Center of a former Mughal kingdom, Hyderabad was founded in 1589 and is today a commercial center and transportation hub and is the capital of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.x
- A city of southern Pakistan on the Indus River northeast of Karachi. Founded in 1768, it was occupied by the British in 1843. The city is noted for its handicrafts.x
- Of Hyderabad), ii.
- His independence at Hyderabad in the Deccan dates from 1712.
- Have constructed branch railways at their own cost, the first of which was extended in 1901 to Hyderabad in Sind.
- Bhopal is the principal Mussulman state in central India, ranking next to Hyderabad among the Mahommedan states of India.
- The nizam of the Deccan established himself at Hyderabad, comparatively near the headquarters of the peshwa.