- The definition of hip-hop is urban culture or fashion associated with hip-hop music.
An example of hip-hop is wearing sagging jeans with sneakers.
- Hip-hop is defined as a type of music that is influenced by rap and funk, often including melody and rhythm of previously recorded songs.
An example of hip-hop is Snoop Dogg's music.
- a form of popular music that originated among inner-city African-American youths in the 1980s, drawing on rap, funk, street sounds, and fragments of melody and rhythm borrowed from previously recorded sources
- the culture or a fashion, dance, etc. associated with this music or its fans
Also written hip′-hop·
Origin of hip hoporigin, originally uncertain , probably from hip
or hip hop
- A style of music usually based on rap and often including elements of other styles such as funk or rhythm and blues.
- An urban youth culture originating in the 1980s in New York City, involving such forms of expression as hip-hop music, b-boying, and graffiti art.
Of or characteristic of hip-hop culture.
Origin of hip-hopProbably hip 2 hop 1
- Alternative form of hip-hop.