- Alternation of sexual and parthenogenic generations, as in some aphids.
- See anisogamy.
- The state of having different types of flowers on the same plant, as both pistillate ray florets and staminate disk florets in a flower head.
- Marriage between people who are different from each other, especially in their sociocultural backgrounds.
hetero- +â€Ž -gamy
Variant of heterogamous
- characterized by the uniting of heterogametes
- characterized by reproduction in which sexual and asexual generations alternate
- bearing flowers that are sexually different