- of or characteristic of Hellenists or Hellenism
- of Greek history, language, and culture from the death of Alexander the Great (323 ) until the death of Cleopatra (30 )
- Of or relating to the Hellenists.
- a. Of or relating to postclassical Greek history and culture from the death of Alexander the Great to the accession of Augustus.b. Relating to or in the style of the Greek art or architecture of this period.
(comparative more Hellenistic, superlative most Hellenistic)
- Of or relating to the period of the Greek culture, history, or art after the death of Alexander the Great (323 B.C.) to the defeat of Cleopatra and Mark Antony by Octavian (31 B.C.)--though this end-point is often debated.
- Of or relating to a Hellenist.