Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the sovereign ruler of a grand duchy, ranking just below a king
- in czarist Russia, a prince of the royal family
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
nounThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A nobleman who is the sovereign of a grand duchy.
- A son or grandson of a czar in the male line.
- Used as the title for such a nobleman.