- a person or thing that grades
- a pupil in a (specified) grade at a school [a fifth grader]: often hyphenated
- One that grades, especially:a. One who grades students' work.b. A piece of heavy equipment used to level or smooth roads or other surfaces to the desired gradient.
- A student in a specified class in an elementary, middle, or secondary school. Often used in combination: tenth graders.
- A machine used in construction for flattening large surfaces
- One who grades, or that by means of which grading is done or facilitated.
- (in combination) One who belongs to a certain grade at school.
- a first-grader