- Brit. a person born or living in or near Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- the variety of Brit. English spoken there
Origin of Geordiefrom diminutive of George
- A native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs.
- The dialect of English spoken by Geordies.
Origin of GeordieScots diminutive of George
A formerly used British gold coin worth one pound and five pence; a guinea.
Origin of GeordieScots diminutive of George afterSaint George whose image was once stamped on it
- Someone from Tyneside.
- (mining, dated) A kind of safety lamp invented by George Stephenson.
- Related to or characteristic of Geordies or Newcastle upon Tyne.
Diminutive of George.