(jē′ə des′ik, -dē′sik)
- geodetic (sense )
- designating the shortest surface line between two points on a surface, esp. a curved surface
- of or pertaining to the geometry of such lines
- ☆ Archit. having a structurally strong surface made up of short, straight, lightweight bars that form a grid of polygons: geodesic dome
See geodesic in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to the geometry of geodesics.
- Of or relating to geodesy.
The shortest line between two points on any mathematically defined surface.
Origin: From geodesy
Learn more about geodesic