- geodetic (sense )
- designating the shortest surface line between two points on a surface, esp. a curved surface
- of or pertaining to the geometry of such lines
- Archit. having a structurally strong surface made up of short, straight, lightweight bars that form a grid of polygons: geodesic dome
a geodesic line
- a. Of or relating to the geometry of geodesics.b. Of or relating to geodesy.
- Having a structure consisting of lightweight rods or poles joined so as to form interlocking polygons whose vertices lie on an imaginary sphere: a geodesic dome.
The shortest path between two points on any mathematically defined surface.
Origin of geodesicFrom geodesy
(comparative more geodesic, superlative most geodesic)
- of or relating to geodesy
- of or relating to a geodesic dome