characterized or determined by issues or factors of gender (sense ): a gendered analysis of the last election
Having or making gender-based distinctions: gendered behavior in children; gendered assumptions about the law's fairness.
- simple past tense and past participle of gender
(comparative more gendered, superlative most gendered)
- (linguistics, of a language) Having grammatical gender.
- Grammatically, Hebrew is a gendered language because every noun is either masculine or feminine.
- Pertaining to gender or having attributes due to gender.
- His clothes were highly gendered.
- Divided by gender.
- In the past, parenting was a more gendered activity with more distinct male and female roles.
- (archaic) engendered