Galician[gə lis̸h′ən, -ē ən]
Galician definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of Galicia in NW Spain, or its people, language, or culture
- of Galicia in E Europe, or its people or culture
- a person born or living in Galicia in Spain
- the Romance language of this region, closely related to Portuguese
- a person born or living in Galicia in E Europe
Galician definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Of or relating to Polish Galicia or its people, language, or culture.noun
A native or inhabitant of Polish Galicia.
Of or relating to Spanish Galicia or its people, language, or culture.noun
- A native or inhabitant of Spanish Galicia.
- The Portuguese dialect spoken in Spanish Galicia.