- The definition of futuristic is something that has to do with the future, or is ahead of the current times.
- An example of something futuristic is a science fiction movie set in the year 3010.
- An example of something futuristic is a new fabric that keeps the skin cool.
futuristic definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with the future, futurism, or futurology
- so advanced in design, form, concept, etc. as to seem suited for some future time; ultramodern: futuristic technology
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- futuristically adverb
futuristic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to the future.
- a. Of, characterized by, or expressing a vision of the future: futuristic decor.b. Being ahead of the times; innovative or revolutionary: futuristic computer software.
- Of or relating to futurism.
- fuˌtur·isˈti·cal·ly adverb