- The definition of futuristic is something that has to do with the future, or is ahead of the current times.
- An example of something futuristic is a science fiction movie set in the year 3010.
- An example of something futuristic is a new fabric that keeps the skin cool.
- of or having to do with the future, futurism, or futurology
- so advanced in design, form, concept, etc. as to seem suited for some future time; ultramodern: futuristic technology
- futuristically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to the future.
- a. Of, characterized by, or expressing a vision of the future: futuristic decor.b. Being ahead of the times; innovative or revolutionary: futuristic computer software.
- Of or relating to futurism.
- fuˌtur·isˈti·cal·ly adverb