A futuristic cityscape.
- An example of something futuristic is a science fiction movie set in the year 3010.
- An example of something futuristic is a new fabric that keeps the skin cool.
The definition of futuristic is something that has to do with the future, or is ahead of the current times.
- of or having to do with the future, futurism, or futurology
- so advanced in design, form, concept, etc. as to seem suited for some future time; ultramodern
- Of or relating to the future.
- a. Of, characterized by, or expressing a vision of the future: futuristic decor.b. Being ahead of the times; innovative or revolutionary: futuristic computer software.
- Of or relating to futurism.
(comparative more futuristic, superlative most futuristic)
- Of technology, a concept, etc, advanced so far beyond that which is current as to appear to be from the future.
From future + -istic.