The definition of frontline is a person or thing that is a part of a leading position.adjective
- An example of frontline is a row of soldiers first in line for battle; frontline soldiers.
- An example of frontline is a leading player on a sports team; frontline pitcher.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
also front linenoun
- A front or boundary, especially one between military, political, or ideological positions.
- Basketball See frontcourt.
- Football The linemen of a team.
- Sports The players who play farthest forward, as in volleyball.
- Located or used at a military front.
- Of or relating to the most advanced or important position or activity in a field or undertaking: “leaders of the six black ‘front-line states’ bordering South Africa” (Boston Globe).
- Sports a. Of or relating to the frontline.b. Being a member of the regular team; first-string: a team in need of a frontline catcher.