- a frontal or a phylactery worn on the forehead
- the forehead of an animal
- the forehead of a bird, when distinguishable by the color or texture of the plumage
- an ornamental border for an altar frontal
Origin of frontletOld French frontelet, diminutive of frontel, frontal
- An ornament or band worn on the forehead as a phylactery.
- The forehead of an animal.
- The forehead of a bird when of a different color or texture of plumage.
- An ornamental border for a frontal.
Origin of frontletMiddle English, from Old French frontelet, diminutive of frontel, ornament worn on the forehead; see frontal2.
From Old French frontelet, diminutive of frontel.