- The definition of folky is something that is like folk music.
An example of folky is the music by the band Iron and Wine.
- Folky, also spelled folkie, is defined as a folk singer or someone who like folk music.
An example of a folky is Bob Dylan.
- of or having to do with folk music, esp. as it is variously regarded as being soft or quiet, sensitively written or performed, etc.
Variant of folkie.
(comparative folkier, superlative folkiest)
- (music, informal) Having the character of folk music
- The band opened with a folky little number.
folk + -y