- of Florence, Italy, or its people or culture
- designating a metal finish, as for jewelry, with finely incised lines that impart a dull luster
- prepared or served with cooked spinach, and, often, covered with a light cheese sauce: chicken Florentine
- Of or relating to Florence, Italy.
- often florentine Having or characterized by a dull chased or rubbed finish. Used of gold.
- Prepared, cooked, or served with spinach.
Origin of FlorentineLatin Fl&omacron;rent&imacron;nus, from Fl&omacron;rentia, Florence, Italy.
- A biscuit consisting mostly of nuts and preserved fruit, usually coated with chocolate on one side.
From French florentin.
(comparative more Florentine, superlative most Florentine)
- Of or relating to the Italian city of Florence.
- A native or resident of the Italian city of Florence.