- of Florence, Italy, or its people or culture
- [oftenf-] designating a metal finish, as for jewelry, with finely incised lines that impart a dull luster
- [alsof-] prepared or served with cooked spinach, and, often, covered with a light cheese sauce: chicken Florentine
a person born or living in Florence, Italy
- Of or relating to Florence, Italy.
- often florentine Having or characterized by a dull chased or rubbed finish. Used of gold.
- Prepared, cooked, or served with spinach.
- A native or inhabitant of Florence, Italy.
- also florentine A crisp, thin cookie made with almonds or other nuts and sometimes candied fruit, often topped with chocolate.
Origin of FlorentineLatin Flōrentīnus from Flōrentia Florence, Italy
- A biscuit consisting mostly of nuts and preserved fruit, usually coated with chocolate on one side.
From French florentin.
(comparative more Florentine, superlative most Florentine)
- Of or relating to the Italian city of Florence.
- A native or resident of the Italian city of Florence.