- the Spanish gypsy style of dance, characterized by stamping and typically performed while clapping or playing castanets
- music in this style, often performed on a guitar
- pl. -·cos a song or dance in this style
Origin of flamencoSp, literally , Flemish from Middle Dutch Flaming, a Fleming
- a. A dance style of the Andalusian Romani people, characterized by forceful, often improvised rhythms.b. A dance in this style.
- The guitar music that usually accompanies a dance in this style.
Origin of flamencoSpanish Flemish from Middle Dutch Vlāming Fleming
From Spanish flamenco.