- Immigrants who come to the country as the first in their family are an example of first-generation immigrants.
- A product that has never before been made is an example of a first-generation product.
The definition of first-generation is the first type of a product that is made, or the first people in a family to immigrate to a new country.
- of or being an immigrant taking up permanent residence in a country; often, specif., of or being a naturalized, foreign-born citizen of a country
- of or being a native-born citizen of a country whose parents had immigrated into that country
- a. Of or relating to a person who has left one country and settled in another.b. Of or relating to a person or persons whose parents are immigrants.
- Of, relating to, or being the first form or version available to users: first-generation computer software.
first generation - Investment & Finance Definition