- The definition of first-generation is the first type of a product that is made, or the first people in a family to immigrate to a new country.
- Immigrants who come to the country as the first in their family are an example of first-generation immigrants.
- A product that has never before been made is an example of a first-generation product.
first-generation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- designating a naturalized, foreign-born citizen of a country
- sometimes, designating a native-born citizen of a country whose parents had immigrated into that country
first-generation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or relating to a person who has left one country and settled in another.
- Of or relating to a person or persons whose parents are immigrants.
- Of, relating to, or being the first form or version available to users: first-generation computer software.
first-generation - Investment & Finance Definition