- An example of a filmer is a camera person on the set of a movie.
- An example of a filmer is someone who copies pictures and printed materials to microfilm.
The definition of a filmer is a person that makes films.
- It is intelligible that Locke (Treatises of Civil Government) should have a relish in quoting Hooker against the divineright royalism of Sir John Filmer; but in Locke there is already 1 Recorded in J.
- It is the kernel of the theories of Hobbes, Rousseau, Filmer and Locke.
- An ideal state of society is described in the writings of Hobbes, Sir Robert Filmer and J.
- (2) Two Treatises on Government (1690) (the Patriarcha of Filmer, to which the First Treatise was a reply, appeared in 1680).
- The attack on Sir Robert Filmer in Locke's First Treatise on Government was an anachronism.