- The definition of Filipino is someone/something related to the Philippines.
A book written by an author from the Philippines is an example of a book that would be described as Filipino.
- Filipino is defined as the national language of the Philippines and is the term used for a person who is from the Philippines.
- An example of a Filipino is a person born in thePhilippines.
- An example of Filipino is the language spoken in thePhilippines.
Filipino definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- pl. Filipinos a person born or living in the Philippines
of the Philippine Islands or their people or culture
Filipino definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. Fil·i·pi·nos
- A native or inhabitant of the Philippines.
- The Austronesian language that is based on Tagalog, draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages, and is the official language of the Philippines.
Of or relating to the Philippines or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
Origin: Spanish filipino, from (Islas) Filipinas, Philippine (Islands).