- The definition of Filipino is someone/something related to the Philippines.
A book written by an author from the Philippines is an example of a book that would be described as Filipino.
- Filipino is defined as the national language of the Philippines and is the term used for a person who is from the Philippines.
- An example of a Filipino is a person born in thePhilippines.
- An example of Filipino is the language spoken in thePhilippines.
- pl. -·nos a person born or living in the Philippines
Origin of FilipinoSpanish
- a. A native or inhabitant of the Philippines.b. A person of Filipino ancestry.
- The Austronesian language that is based on Tagalog, draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages, and is the official language of the Philippines.
Origin of FilipinoSpanish filipino, from (Islas) Filipinas, Philippine (Islands).
- A native or inhabitant of the Philippines, especially a male.