- The definition of Filipino is someone/something related to the Philippines.
A book written by an author from the Philippines is an example of a book that would be described as Filipino.
- Filipino is defined as the national language of the Philippines and is the term used for a person who is from the Philippines.
- An example of a Filipino is a person born in thePhilippines.
- An example of Filipino is the language spoken in thePhilippines.
- pl. Filipinos a person born or living in the Philippines
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. Fil·i·pi·nos
- A native or inhabitant of the Philippines.
- The Austronesian language that is based on Tagalog, draws its lexicon from other Philippine languages, and is the official language of the Philippines.
Origin: Spanish filipino, from (Islas) Filipinas, Philippine (Islands).