- Feminism is defined as a movement for equal rights for women.
The women who fought to have the right to vote, called Suffragettes, are an early example of feminism.
- Rare feminine qualities
- the principle that women should have political, economic, and social rights equal to those of men
- the movement to win such rights for women
Origin of feminism; from Classical Latin femina, woman + -ism
- Belief in or advocacy of women's social, political, and economic rights, especially with regard to equality of the sexes.
- The movement organized around this belief.
(countable and uncountable, plural feminisms)