- a spot of color that looks like an eye
- a small spot of pigment associated with sensitivity to light, found in many invertebrates
See eyespot in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A small, light-sensitive patch of pigment in certain algae and unicellular organisms.
- A simple visual organ of certain invertebrates consisting of a sensory ending covered by light-sensitive, pigmented cells.
- A rounded eyelike marking, as on the tail of a peacock.
- Botany Either of two fungal diseases that affect grasses and are characterized by oval lesions.
Learn more about eyespot