Variant of evangelical
- in, of, or according to the Gospels or the teaching of the New Testament
- of those Protestant churches, as the Methodist and Baptist, that emphasize salvation by faith and reject the efficacy of the sacraments and good works alone
- designating or of a number of Protestant sects with this belief
- of the Low Church party in the Church of England
- of or promoting evangelism; evangelistic
Origin: < LL(Ec) evangelicus < Gr euangelikos < euangelion (see evangel) + -al
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.