Evangelism is defined as the spreading or preaching of Christian teachings, or spreading the word about a cause.
An example of evangelism is what Baptist minister Billy Graham does on television.
- a preaching of, or zealous effort to spread, the gospel, as in revival meetings or by televised services
- any zealous effort in propagandizing for a cause
Origin of evangelismEcclesiastical Late Greek euangelismos
- Zealous preaching and dissemination of the gospel, as through missionary work.
- Fervent advocacy of a cause.
- Sharing news of something in order to convince someone to join or otherwise accept it.
- The process of evangelizing.
evangel + -ism