Origin of Ethelshort for Ethelinda, Etheldred, and other names compounded ; from Old English Æthelu ; from æthele, noble
- 1879-1959; U.S. actress: sister of John
- 1882-1942; U.S. actor
- 1878-1954; U.S. actor: brother of John
- (born Herbert Blythe) 1847-1905; U.S. actor: father of Ethel, John, & Lionel
- The letter Œ/œ, or the rune ᛟ.
From Middle English ethel, from Old English æþel, ēþel.
- A kind of tree, perhaps a tamarisk, found in northern Africa and in Arabia, which has dark, bluish wood.