- Biol. the theory that the embryo, influenced by its internal and external environment, develops progressively by stages, forming structures that were not originally present in the egg
- Geol. a type of metamorphism in which the mineral content of a rock changes as a result of external influences
- the appearing of secondary symptoms
- a secondary symptom
Origin of epigenesisModL: see epi- and -genesis
- Biology The theory that an individual is developed by successive differentiation of an unstructured egg rather than by a simple enlarging of a preformed entity.
- Geology Change in the mineral content of a rock because of outside influences.
epi- + -genesis