- growing on or close to the ground
- emerging from the ground after germination: said of cotyledons
- Zool. living or developing on the exposed surface of the earth or in shallow water
Origin of epigealClassical Greek epigeios, on the earth (; from epi-, upon + g?, the earth) + -al
also ep·i·ge·an or ep·i·ge·ous
- Living or occurring on or near the surface of the ground.
- Botany Of or relating to seed germination in which the cotyledons emerge above the surface of the ground after germination.
Origin of epigealFrom Greek epigeios, on the earth : epi-, epi- + gē, earth.
epi- + -geal