embryology[em′brē äl′ə jē]
- Embryology is defined as the branch of biology and medicine that studies embryos and how they develop.
The study of how human embryos develop from fertilization to birth is an example of embryology.
the branch of biology dealing with the formation and development of embryos
Origin of embryologyembryo- + -logy
- The branch of biology that deals with the formation, early growth, and development of living organisms.
- The embryonic structure or development of a particular organism.
- em′bry·o·log′ic , em′bry·o·log′i·cal
- The scientific study of embryos.