embattled definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- prepared or arrayed for battle
- engaged in a battle, conflict, or controversy
- being subjected to attack, criticism, etc.
embattled definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Prepared or fortified for battle or engaged in battle: embattled troops; an embattled city.
- Beset with attackers, criticism, or controversy: an embattled legislative minority.
Variant of embattle
- embattlement noun