- of or having to do with electrostatics
- designating or of a speaker in which electric force is applied to metal plates, causing a diaphragm suspended between them to vibrate
- a. Of or relating to electric charges at rest.b. Produced or caused by such charges.
- Of or relating to electrostatics.
(comparative more electrostatic, superlative most electrostatic)
- (physics) of, relating to, or produced by electrostatics or static electricity
electro- + static
electrostatic - Computer Definition
Stationary electrical charges in which no current flows. For example, laser printers and copy machines are electrostatic devices that place a positive charge of the image on a drum, and negatively charged toner is attracted onto the drum. The toner is then transferred to positively charged paper and fused to the paper by heat. See laser printer, electrostatic plotter, electrostatic printer and electrostatic speaker.