electric chairelectric chair
- an apparatus in the form of a chair, used in electrocuting persons sentenced to death
- the death sentence by electrocution
- A device used in the electrocution of a person sentenced to death, consisting of a chair in which the person is restrained and a means of applying a lethal electrical current to the body.
- Execution by means of such a device.
- The sentence of death by means of such a device.
(plural electric chairs)
- attributive form of electric chair
- electric-chair efficacy